Friday, July 25, 2008

Cinnamon Tea Cake


~ Cinnamon Tea Cake ~

In 29 years, this is the very first cake that I have baked, sounds funny but true, I have never baked any cakes, pastries or cookies before, this is my very first time :-) Luckily, it came out good & delicious. Finished on the same day too :P

As I am very new in baking, there are not much comment that I can give here. The only thing I should improve on is to bake the cake for another 3 more minutes as I have only baked it for 27 minutes because I am worried that the base of the cake will be too burnt. Hehe... first time baking, no experince at all, next time will be better :)

Oh yes, you might be wondering why my cake look so thin (not thick enough), right? It's because I used a 22cm cake tin instead of a 20cm cake tin as recommended in the recipe. Haha...because I don't have a 20cm cake tin :P Here goes the recipe...Happy trying :-)

Ingredients:

- 60 g (2 oz) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 g/4 oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup (90 g/3 oz) self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) milk
- 20 g (3/4 oz) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar, extra
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180 C (350 F). Grease a 20 cm round cake tin & line the base with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter & sugar until light & creamy. Add the egg gradually, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
3. Fold in the sifted flours alternately with the milk. Stir until smooth. Spoon into the cake tin ans smooth the top.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
5. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then on a wire rack.
6. Brush with the melted butter while still warm and sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,

This is Sophie from Key Ingredient. You asked about our contest prize, it's a cookbook with your recipes (for the first place winner). There will also be other prizes for the second and third place winners.

Please email me at sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if you're still interested in participating in our apple/peach contest :).

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin